- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
A wonderful way to offer your guests a spicy alternative to traditional bland dips; serve this cheesy spread on crackers or with tortilla chips.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1, 7-ounce jar drained pimientos, diced
- Place the mayonnaise, onion and hot sauce in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Drop in the shredded cheese and pulse the mixture until cheese is in small pieces.
- Add the pimentos and continue to pulse until the mixture forms a thick spread.
- Empty the cheese spread into a serving bowl and chill for about 1 hour before serving.