- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/2 cups
This creamy crème fraiche-based sauce has a sharp and slightly tangy bite from the addition of horseradish. Serve in place of steak sauce with your favorite cut of meat, or drizzle over grilled vegetables or a baked potato and enjoy as a delicious topping.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the heavy cream into a large bowl and whisk vigorously until thickened.
- Gently fold in the crème fraîche, horseradish, chives, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and fresh pepper, and then cover the sauce and refrigerate for 40 minutes prior to serving.