- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8
These amazing ribs from Beverly Miller of Amarillo, TX won first place at the Amarillo Tri-State Fair. This recipe is sponsored by the National Pork Board.
- 2 racks of baby back pork ribs (about 1-1/2 lbs. per rack)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar prepared mesquite-flavored marinade
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 whole medium onion, peeled
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce (mild or spicy)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a large stockpot, place both racks of ribs; add enough water to cover ribs.
- Add marinade, bay leaves and onion. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. (This will create foam on top.)
- Reduce to medium-low heat; simmer 45 minutes or until ribs are just tender.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid; drain on rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F.). Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Brush over both sides of ribs.
- Place ribs on grill, bone side down, close lid. Grill for 7 minutes, turn and grill 7 minutes more.