- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 51 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
Honeycomb candy is a treat that kids love because of its sweet taste and interesting texture made from bubbles getting trapped within the candy.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Butter or oil a cookie sheet.
- Place the sugar, honey and water into a medium-sized saucepan and place over high heat.
- Cook the mixture until it reaches 300 degrees, and then remove from the heat and whisk in the baking soda.
- Stir the mixture just until combined and then transfer (do not spread) to the prepared baking sheet to cool.
- Once cool, break the candy into pieces and place in an airtight container to store.