- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
Instead of hot dogs or hamburgers, grill something different this weekend. Try this recipe for pork kabobs. Using ingredients such as sweet potatoes and peaches, these kabobs offer a unique flavor that you'll love. This recipe is sponsored by the National Pork Board.
- 1/2 cup bourbon* OR 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 4 sweet potatoes cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 4 medium ripe unpeeled peaches, pitted and quartered
- 4 green peppers, each cut into 8 two-inch pieces
- 8 yellow onion, each cut into 4 two-inch pieces
- Olive oil for grilling
- Mix first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well and set glaze aside.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender.
- Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, 4 green pepper pieces and 4 onion pieces alternately onto each of eight 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with honey glaze mixture.
- Lightly oil grill. Grill over medium-hot coals 5 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with glaze.
- * Bourbon is optional, can substitute 2 tablespoons cider vinegar