- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: Serves 8 people
What could be yummier than shortbread with a taste of honey and fresh oranges? Honey Orange Shortbread is great for a special dessert treat.
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of flour, and some reserved to flour the work surface
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 4 oranges peeled and sliced into circles (you can substitute 8 clementines)
- 2 pints of your favorite vanilla ice cream
- 1/3 cup of honey, warmed
- In a food processor or large bowl using your hands, mix the butter, sugar, orange zest, vanilla, flour and salt until crumbly.
- Knead the dough in the bowl until it all comes together.
- Put the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper, lightly floured, and roll the dough until it's about 1/4-inch thick.
- Trim the edges of the dough to make the shape of a large circle.
- Cover the dough and put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Heat your oven to 300 degrees.
- After being refrigerated, cut the dough into 16 wedges. Transfer the parchment paper and dough to a baking sheet, and bake the shortbread until it's lightly golden, or for about 45 minutes, and let it cool.
- To serve the shortbread, place the shortbread first, then the orange slices, and ice cream. Drizzle the warm honey over the top.