- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 5 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream shortening, honey, egg, water and vanilla; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into honey mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.