- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 4
This sweet-spicy flank steak doesn't take eons to make, but it is so, so tasty. Add baked potatoes and a big salad for a fast and delicious dinner. Let the leftovers star in a family fajita night.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 (2- to 3-pound) flank steak
- Stir together the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, chipotle and honey in a bowl. Lay the flank steak out on a large plate and rub half of the mixture into one side of the meat. Flip and rub the remainder into the other side. Place the plate in the fridge and let sit for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the steak from the fridge and place on a broiler pan. Broil on high heat in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes per side, flipping once, to desired doneness. (I aim for well done on the ends and medium in the middle, so 10 minutes on the first side and 9 minutes on the second usually works for me.)
- Let sit for about 10 minutes before carving against the grain into thin slices. Serve over rice.