- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 8 ounces
Pureed roasted sunflower seeds make a creamy and delicious alternative to classic peanut butter. They are also allergy-safe as they are a nut-free ingredient.
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, roasted
- 3 tablespoons oil (canola or grapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon agave
- Salt to taste (if seeds are unsalted)
- Put the sunflower seeds into a food processor and process until the consistency becomes that of a fine meal.
- With the processor’s motor on, slowly add the oil down the processor chute followed by the agave. Blend the mixture until smooth, adding salt to taste, and then serve immediately. Store any extra in a tightly-capped jar in the refrigerator.