- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: 12 Servings
These homemade baked pita chips are seasoned with southwestern-styled spices for an extra zing of flavor.
- 4 (6-inch) white pita breads
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each pita bread as you would a pizza, creating 6 wedges. Carefully separate each wedge in half.
- Place the butter, chili powder, hot pepper sauce and garlic salt in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the pita wedges into the bowl with the butter mixture, toss to coat, and then place on a baking sheet, taking care not to overlap any pieces.
- Bake for 6 minutes and then flip each wedge over and bake for an additional 2 minutes.