- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 6
Serve this succulent sauce with duck, chicken or lamb.
- 1 cup pitted, chopped ripe plums
- 1/2 cup honey
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until plums are completely cooked.
- Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and puree.
- Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl.
- Taste and adjust seasoning and sweetness.
- Return sauce to saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve warm.