- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 3-3/4 cups
Enjoy this light and delicate pear slather topped on warm bread or scones.
- 8 medium pears, peeled, cored, quartered
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- Put half of the quartered pears in a food processor, process until finely chopped, and then transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Process the remaining pears in the same manner and add to the saucepan. Stir in the sugar, pineapple, lemon juice and lemon peel, and cook over medium-heat for 40 minutes.