- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Mix for 2 Drinks
Navy Grog mix is a juice and spice mixture used to sweeten and flavor cocktails. Instead of purchasing the store-bought variety, make your own batch at home with this simple recipe.
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- Place the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and allspice into a mortar and pestle and break into pieces.
- Put the spice mixture into a saucepan, add the water and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture until reduced by half and then strain; discard spices.
- Return the liquid back to pan and add the sugar. Simmer the mixture over low heat and stir until all of the sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Once the syrup has cooled, add the lime juice and the grapefruit juice and stir well until thoroughly blended.