- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Combining fresh ingredients, like ginger and lemon, creates the most invigorating and flavorful results.
- 1 (3-inch) piece of ginger, peeled, sliced and mashed
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- lemon wheels to garnish
- Put the ginger and 4 cups of the water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture until it reduces to approximately 1/2 cup, and then lower the heat to low and stir in the sugar. Stir the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved and then set aside to cool.
- Add the lemon juice to the pan, stir to combine, and then transfer to a pitcher filled with ice. Pour the remaining 2 cups of water into the pitcher and mix well to blend. Serve in ice filled glasses garnished with lemon wheels.