- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes 1-1/2 cups
Real grenadine syrup is made from pomegranate juice and sugar; it is not a mixture of artificial colors and flavors like the syrups sold in liquor stores.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, no sugar added
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 drops orange-flower water
- Place the pomegranate juice in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Once the juice begins to steam, after about 5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat and add the sugar.
- Stir the mixture until all the sugar has dissolved and the liquid becomes clear; approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, and orange-flower water and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature before transferring to a container, tightly capping and placing in the refrigerator until use.