- Prep: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 12
Homemade Corned Beef Hash is a classic favorite. Substitute leftover chicken, turkey, beef or pork for the corned beef.
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 ounces butter
- 2 ounces cider vinegar
- 2 large red peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut 1/4 inch, diced and cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 pound corned beef, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pickles, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in 3 ounces butter until translucent; deglaze with vinegar until dry. Add pepper; saute until tender. Reserve.
- In food processor: blend until smooth; half the potatoes, all the eggs and 2/3 cup cream. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add onion mixture, remaining potatoes, corned beef, pickles, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, remaining butter, salt and pepper. Toss gently to thoroughly mix.
- Pour hash into greased 9 by 13 inch pan; smooth top. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes. Drizzle with half remaining cream and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Add remaining cream and bake until top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.