- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 2 quarts
A simple and rich homemade broth that will comfort the body and soothe the soul, enjoy it served with a slice of peasant bread.
- Bones from 2 roasted chickens
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- Handful parsley stems
- 10 cups water
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the mixture for 1 hour uncovered.
- Carefully strain the hot liquid, discarding the solids, and ladle into bowls. Serve immediately.