- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 5
There's no need for store bought processed cheese sauce when you can easily make you own in about 10 minutes. Try out this recipe for Homemade Cheddar Cheese Sauce to top off nachos, brocolli, or any meal needing a cheesy addition.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 2 tablespoons Bisquick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- In a pan over low heat, melt butter; add Bisquick, salt, and pepper and cook till well combined.
- Add milk and bring mix to a boil for 1 minute.
- Lower heat and mix in cheese, mustard, and pepper sauce.
- Cook until cheese is completely melted and smooth.