- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes about 1/2 cup
Drizzle this thick and rich sauce over your favorite dessert or fruit plate for added decadence and flavor.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Place the butter into a small saucepan and melt over medium heat. Add the sugar and the corn syrup and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly stir in the whipping cream. Allow the mixture to cool slightly before serving.