- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 1, 9-inch square pan of bread pudding
A sweet and savory bread pudding spiced with cinnamon, ginger and cloves, make this a wonderful holiday dessert.
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 5 cups cubed (1-inch) day-old baguette or crusty bread
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the melted butter in a 9-inch square baking dish, add the bread crumbs and toss to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well blended, and then pour into the baking dish on top of the bread crumb mixture. Make sure bread crumbs are well coated.
- Bake for 25 minutes and serve warm.