- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes about 1 quart
Flavor plain simple syrup with some dried hoja santa, an aromatic, heart-shaped herb also known as the Mexican pepperleaf.
- 4 teaspoons dried hoja santa
- 1-1/4 quarts simple syrup
- Place the simple syrup and the hoja santa into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil the mixture for 1 minute and then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Set the syrup aside for 10 minutes to steep and then strain through a fine mesh sieve.