- Prep: 12 hr 35 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 13 hr 35 min
- Serving: 12
High Protein Bread is sweetened with honey and fortified with dry milk powder, wheat germ and soy flour. This recipe make 2 large loaves.
- 1 package yeast
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 3/4 cup dry skim milk powder
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Dissolve yeast and honey in 3 cups lukewarm water in large bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sift next 3 ingredients together in bowl. Stir in wheat germ. Add salt and half the dry ingredients to yeast, beating well until elastic. Add butter and enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic. Place in greased plastic bag. Chill overnight.
- Punch dough down and shape into 2 large loaves. Place in greased loaf pans. Let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, covering with foil if bread browns too quickly.