- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes enough icing to frost one 9x13 sheet cake.
This icing is ideal for white or yellow sheet cakes or pumpkin bread. Can be used with most desserts.
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup hickory nuts, chopped
- In a saucepan, beat egg slightly with a fork.
- Add cornstarch, half and half, salt and sugar; mix well.
- Boil until mixture thickens.
- Cool slightly and add hickory nuts.