- Prep: 48 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 48 hr 10 min
- Serving: 10-12
Herring Spread is delicious on pumpernickel rye toast and a unique appetizer that will pleasantly surprise your guests. This spread can be refrigerated in a tightly covered jar for up to 2 weeks.
- 1, 12 ounce jar herring in wine, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon each celery seed and caraway seed
- Chop herring into small pieces. Mix with remaining ingredients.
- Cover. Refrigerate at least 48 hours to let flavors blend.