- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) is the Mexican holiday commemorating one of the most significant victories for the Mexican militia over the French army at the Battle of Puebla in 1862. For your Cinco de Mayo party this year, create these savory shrimp tacos for a fabulous meal.
- 1 lb peeled, uncooked shrimp cut into pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- peanut oil
- 1/4 cup Tequila Herradura Silver
- 1/4 cup Newcastle Brown Ale
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded fine
- hot sauce
- Combine shrimp, cilantro and garlic in a medium bowl. Mix well and let sit about 10 minutes. If you have more time to marinate, just put them in the refrigerator.
- Heat a non-stick pan really well and then add about 1 tablespoon of peanut oil.
- Add shrimp and stir fry quickly - they'll cook fast!
- When the shrimp are almost cooked remove from heat (you don't want a flame-up) and add the tequila and ale. Mix gently.
- After about a minute, return to the heat and stir well.
- Serve by placing some sour cream on a warmed tortilla, add a little cabbage, the shrimp and a final drizzle of hot sauce.