- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
This soup can be served either warm or chilled; the perfect light meal for a warm summer night.
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 pounds zucchini (about 3 medium), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Put the broth, zucchini and tarragon in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth and then stir in the cheese and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the soup until the cheese has melted and then ladle into bowls and serve.