- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Herb marinated tomatoes.
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon slt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or marjoram
- 1/4 cup finely snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 2/3 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- Peel the tomatoes and cut in half crosswise. Layer in a deep bowl, sprinkling with the seasons and herbs as you layer.
- Mix together the vinegar and oil and pour over. Gently tilt the bowl to coat all tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Occasionally spoon the dressing over the tomatoes.
- Drain and serve.