- Prep: 8 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 8 min
- Serving: Makes about 6 patties
These vegetarian herb cakes made out of tofu can be served as an appetizer with a simple soy and chili garlic dipping sauce.
- 1 16-ounce firm tofu (fresh bean curd), drained
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded (2/3 cup) v
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 of a cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 of a mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- Place the tofu in a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in the carrot, green onions, cilantro, mint, garlic, flour, and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce and continue to mix until thoroughly blended.
- Form the mixture into about 6 small patties.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- Serve immediately garnished with the cucumber and mango.