- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Herbed lentils with sun-dried tomatoes is a hearty dish that is full of nutritious value and yummy flavor! Great for lunch or dinner.
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 2 cloves garlic, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bruise one of the garlic cloves with the backside of a knife. Add the lentils, garlic and bay leaf to a medium-sized deep saute pan and add enough water to cover the lentils entirely, plus a few inches extra. Boil until lentils are tender, or about 15 minutes. Drain and discard the bay leaf and garlic.
- Crush the other garlic clove. Add the garlic, lemon juice, oil and pepper to a serving bowl and whisk together until blended.
- Gently fold the lentils, dill and tomatoes into the mixture and serve warm.