- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 60 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: Serves 8 people
A wonderful addition to any special breakfast or brunch, Herbed Ham and Cheese Bread is savory and combines several tastes into one dish. The leftover bread can also be toasted.
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 cup of cubed, cooked ham
- 8 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs until they're frothy. Add the milk and mustard to the eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and rosemary. Add this dry mix to the egg mixture. Beat until all is smooth.
- Stir the ham and cheese into the mixture. Transfer the mixture to a bread loaf pan, sized about 4x8 inches.
- Bake uncovered until golden brown (about 55-60 minutes), and when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Slice and serve slightly warm. Refrigerate the leftovers.