- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Instead of serving a typical pasta salad at your next dinner function, try offering guests this hearty herbed grain salad made with a dry grain medley. Trader Joe’s Harvest Grains mix works exceptionally well.
- 1-1/4 cups dry grains medley
- 1 large apple, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Large handful of fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the dried grains according to package directions and then set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Place the maple syrup, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, lemon juice and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until blended.
- Place the cooled grains, apples, cucumbers, scallions, herbs, cranberries and almonds into a shallow salad bowl and then add the dressing. Gently toss the mixture well to combine and then serve.