- Prep: 12 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
Fresh parsley, garlic and a mixture of spices make this dip a truly delicious addition to your appetizer table. Serve with whole wheat or rye crackers.
- 2 cups cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely minced
- buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream
- Place the cumin and the black pepper into a mortar and pestle and grind until the mixture becomes a powder.
- Transfer the cumin mixture to a bowl, add the cream cheese, cayenne, salt, garlic, onions and parsley, and stir vigorously until combined. Use buttermilk, yogurt or sour cream to thin the dip out to desired consistency, and then cover and place in the refrigerator overnight to allow flavors to blend.