- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Herbed Chicken is flavored with white wine and baked with wild rice.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1, 6 ounce package long grain wild rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1, 3 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons pimento, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brown in margarine. Spoon rice into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on rice.
- For sauce, add soup to drippings in skillet. Add remaining ingredients; heat to boiling. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 20 minutes longer or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.