- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: Makes 2 cups
Chervil is a culinary herb that has a distinct lemon-anise flavor. If you cannot find it at your local supermarket, use dill instead.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 4 ounces crusty bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chervil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the butter into a 3-quart saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Once melted, add the bread cubes, chopped chervil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to combine and then transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake the croutons for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.