- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: Makes 20
Palmiers, sometimes known as "elephant ears," are easy to make appetizers that can be filled with a variety of ingredients. This recipe for herbed cheese palmiers will be a hit at your next party.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed as directed
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork
- 1 package, 5.2-ounces, garlic and herb cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dry
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Have cookie sheet ready.
- Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface, and brush lightly with the egg; spread evenly with the cheese spread and sprinkle with herbs.
- Fold two sides about 1 1/2-inches toward the middle; repeat folds. Fold in half lengthwise and press gently.
- Cut crosswise in 1/2-inch thick slices; place cut side down on ungreased cookie sheet; lightly brush tops with egg.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve warm or at room temperature