- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Total: 2 hr
- Serving: 6 people
Herb roasted chicken with colorful vegetables!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 whole chicken (3 lbs, 5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 ounces new potatoes, parboiled
- 3 bell peppers, deseeded and quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into chucks
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flat leaf parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the butter, sage, garlic and pepper in a small bowl. Being careful not to tear, loosen the skin from the chicken breast.
- Put half of the herb mixture under the skin, the other half on top. Sprinkle with the rosemary. Place the onion in the cavity and using kitchen string tie the legs together.
- Place the chicken in the roasting pan on a rack. Add the broth to the pan, cover with foil and roast for one hour.
- Remove the foil and all it to continue roasting until the juices run clear when pierced, about 40 minutes more. Transfer to the serving dish and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- In a separate baking tray, place the parboiled potatoes, peppers, zucchini and onion slices. Drizzle with the olive oil and roast for 25-40 minutes until edges are crisp. Arrange around the chicken and serve.