- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Serves about 6
Looking for a quick, easy and delicious vegetarian option for your weeknight dinner? Try this herb crusted tofu recipe! It's easy, spicy, zesty and delicious, a perfect dinner for a hectic busy schedule!
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Mix the bread crumbs, chili powder, cheese and salt and pepper together.
- Slice tofu into 1/4-inch thick slices. Carefully roll tofu into the beaten egg and then douse the tofu into the bread crumbs and spice mix. Place tofu on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip and bake another 20 minutes. Flip once more and bake an additional 10 minutes, or until firm. Serve over pasta with sauce and enjoy!