- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 8
Heath Bar Cake has everyone's favorite flavors; chocolate and toffee.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 6 chocolate coated toffee bars, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Sift flour once, measure, add soda and salt and sift into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter, brown and white sugar and cut with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Remove 1/2 cup of these crumbs and set aside.
- Combine egg and buttermilk, add to the dry ingredients and beat to blend. Pour into a greased and lightly floured 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Combine chopped candy bars, nuts and reserved crumbs and sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.