- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 2-4 People
This Tortellini soup will hit the spot on a cold afternoon.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 9-ounce package Tortellini, refrigerated
- In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown.
- Add water, broth, beans and Worcestershire sauce; heat to boil.
- Add pasta.
- Continue to heat until soup returns to a boil; stir frequently.
- Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta becomes tender.