- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Serves 2 people
This soup is full of protein, is healthy and hearty. Hearty Lentil Soup makes a perfect vegetarian meal. Serve crunchy bread with this soup. Broth can be omitted for a thicker soup.
- 1, 15-ounce can of lentils
- 1, 14.5-ounce can of stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine lentils, tomatoes, vegetable broth, garlic, oregano and red pepper in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add salt to taste and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in olive oil. If you would like the soup to be thicker, leave out the vegetable broth.