- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Italian-inspired, hearty and delicious lasagna soup is a family favorite. You can also substitute the ground beef with ground chicken or turkey for a slightly lighter, yet just as tasty, version.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can (about 14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning , crushed
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked mafalda or corkscrew-shaped pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the beef, onion, garlic and parsley in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stir to combine and then cook for 10 minutes. Remove and discard any excess fat from the beef.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes and seasoning to the pan and then bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 12 minutes. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir the soup until the cheese has completely melted. Serve immediately.