- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This chili, made out of chicken, is just as hearty as the traditional version, but lighter in taste and fat.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 16 ounce can hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 ounce can great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 9 ounce package cooked chicken breast strips
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese
- Bottled green salsa
- White corn tortilla chips
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat the oil in a large soup pan over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add in the hominy, beans, broth, chicken, lime juice, cilantro, cumin and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan and reduce heat. Simmer the chili for 5 minutes and then ladle into bowls.
- Garnish with a dollop of salsa, cheese, tortilla chips and the fresh cilantro.