- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6 cups pancake mix
Enjoy this guilt-free comfort food more often with this heart healthy version of homemade pancakes.
- 2-1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup buttermilk powder
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup wheat bran or oat bran
- Place the flour, buttermilk powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together and then stir in the flaxseed meal, dry milk and bran.
- In a medium bowl, add the egg whites, 1-1/2 cups nonfat milk, 1/4 cup canola oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Whisk together to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and then add the milk mixture. Stir until just combined and then let stand for 6 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately.