- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 38 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This strawberry shortcake is made with plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt instead of heavy, fat laden cream.
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten v
- 2 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 6 cups sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the flours, sugar, baking powder, lemon peel, and salt in a large bowl, whisk to combine, then add the butter and mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Place the egg, milk and 1/2 cup yogurt to a bowl and stir to combine. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Remove the shortcake and cool for 10 minutes before breaking into pieces and placing into a bowl. Top with the strawberries and remaining yogurt.