- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: varies
Easy to grab and go, these homemade granola bars pack a punch of nutrients along with a great crunch and a sweet flavor all in a hand-held take-along snack.
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dried fruit like golden raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, dried fruit, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, and walnuts.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oil, applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla until completely combined. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture, and combine until well coated. Press granola evenly into the prepared baking pan leaving 1 1/2 inch space at the end of the pan.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool completely, and then transfer the granola onto a cutting board to cut into pieces.