- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 20 min
- Serving: 8
For another serving option, use a lean ground beef in place of the stew meat and pour it over pasta.
- 2 pounds lean beef stew meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can tomato paste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon. ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- Place meat in crock pot and stir in tomato paste to completely coat meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir slowly.
- Cover and cook for 10 hours on LOW heat.
- When done, skim any fat from surface and discard.