- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Baking the French toast in this recipe, instead of frying it, not only cuts down on fat and calories but also makes this popular breakfast treat light and delicious.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 1-inch-thick slices firm-textured French bread
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a baking sheet with the non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, add the egg, egg white, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix together by beating with a fork.
- Place the slices of bread in the egg mixture and soak each for 1-1/2 minutes per side for each slice, and then place onto the prepared braking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 6 minutes or until the bread slices become golden brown. Flip slices over and bake for an additional 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the French toast with powdered sugar and serve immediately with maple syrup or honey, and a pat of butter.