- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2-4 People
If your kids can’t go past a drive-thru without wanting an order of deep-fried chicken fingers, it’s time you freeze triple batches of these Healthy Baked Chicken Fingers and have them within easy reach when you get home.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness, cut into strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup finely crushed bran, wheat, or corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs in a wide, shallow dish. In a second wide, shallow dish mix together flour, cereal, Italian seasoning, and red pepper.
- Dip chicken strips in egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Roll chicken in cereal mixture, allowing excess to fall off. Place strips on a baking sheet.
- Generously spray chicken with cooking spray and bake for 25 minutes, or until coating is lightly browned and chicken is cooked through. Serve with your kids' favorite dipping sauces.