- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 45 min
Winter squashes are a great food for baby with its tasty, smooth texture. Butternut or acorn squash are the best first squashes for baby.
- 1 ripe butternut or acorn squash
- Slice in half and remove the seeds. Place cut side down in a dish and cover with an inch of water.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes, until soft.
- Carefully scoop out the meat and puree using a blender or food processor.
- Freeze immediately in covered trays or keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.