- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 2-1/2 cups
Hummus is an Arabic spread made from pureeing boiled chickpeas, garlic, tahini and lemon juice together. You can slather hummus on a sandwich, or serve as a dip with toasted pita bread cut into wedges.
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Olive oil and paprika to garnish
- Put all of the ingredients listed above in a food processor.
- Process the hummus until thick and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika to garnish.